Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mom

As many of you know, my Mother is suffering from Alzheimer's. While in UT I spent a little time with my Mom. She has always been the greatest spiritual influence in my life. To see her slipping away from me and my family is very difficult, but I can still see the Light of Christ in her. She may not remember me or my name but she is still the strongest person I've ever known. I've been struggling emotionally since seeing her. Feelings of anger, sadness and the unfairness of her disease are eating away at me. While talking with Amie this week, she mentioned that there is a new youtube video from "Mormon Messages" that might help me. Maybe it will help someone else out there too. It is helping to soften my heart. I love you Mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that your Mother is going through this. I am so sorry. My Grandfather had it and it was so hard to have him now know me. My thoughts are with you. Thanks for sharing this message. It made me cry. I have always thought I would be the one that would end up with Alzheimer's.

Cherylann and Mike said...

Thanks for sharing this message. My thoughts are with you today. Merry Christmas from the cold.

katie and co. said...

Oh Melis. Sending lots of love your way. Love you, Girl.

Nancy said...

Melissa, I'm so sorry about your mom. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 57 when Jordan and Zach were little. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

On a happier note...it was so great to see beautiful Haley last night. I believe Dalton might be at your house as I write this, with the G-twins. Merry Christmas!