We went to Utah this past Christmas for Chad's family Christmas Party, knowing it would probably be Jay's last Christmas. I took this top picture of Jay without him knowing. He was telling Chad about the airplanes he would work on during WWII. Haley and Chad got to visit Jay in February just after he went into a nursing home. Haley was very emotional that weekend, but was so happy to be able to visit with her Grandpa Jay. I love this picture that Chad took of them. It was after this visit that Haley started thinking about pursuing nursing. Chad said that she was a natural, helping Jay and caring for him.

We will miss Jay. He was such a happy, caring, positive Father, Husband Brother and Grandfather. We love you Jay.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Grandpa Jay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. My father passed away at the beginning of March also. It is a really hard thing to go through. What a special, yet hard, experience for Haley to go through. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.
Post a Comment