On Pinterest the other day, I found the most beautiful picture of Garlic Cheesy Bread. I immediately re-Pinned it and clicked on the picture to print out the recipe. The link was to a blog called Lauren's Latest. The blog is super cute and has fabulous pictures and the food she makes looks unbelievable. When I saw the ingredients included bread flour and yeast. I thought..."dang...I'm out."
But really, what was I expecting looking up a recipe with the word bread in it? Somehow I wasn't expecting to have to actually make the bread itself. Silly I know, but that's how my brain works. So I started thinking there's got to be an easier way of making cheesy bread without having to learn how to make bread, because really, I am too lazy to learn how. So here's my little tutorial on how to make "Lazy Girl Garlic Cheesy Bread"
Oh hey...in no way am I implying that this is going to be as good as Lauren's Garlic Cheesy Bread. It's not. I promise you that. BUT, it is easy and that's what I'm all about.

Pillsbury Bread
Butter
Sharp White Cheddar
Garlic
Salt
Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic into a small microwavable bowl and throw in some butter and melt it in the microwave. Add a little salt and pepper. Open the bread and lay it on a buttered cookie sheet. Stretch it and twist it a couple times and this will keep it from shrinking. Make slices in the bread about an inch or so apart. Don't cut clear through, just about 2/3 of the way down. Brush the dough with the garlic butter mix, get inside every slice and the ends and the sides. Don't hold back on the butter.
Slice pieces of cheese, don't be stingy. Place one (or more, whatever turns you on) slice of cheese in each slice. Bake at 350 for 19 minutes. My oven bakes a little hot so you may require longer. Just keep a close eye on it, you don't want it to get too dark.
This is the end result. Nothin' fancy, but it is delicious. If you are a bread maker, don't mess around with this crap, just make your own like Lauren. It will be much better. But if you're a loser like me, you'll love this!
p.s. please don't judge me because of the horrible state of my cookie sheet. It adds to the flavor of everything I bake on it. Hush.


0 comments:
Post a Comment