
I am fortunate enough to have a husband that humors me with all of my obsessions....one being my obsession with Keith Urban. Keith came to town with Kenny Chesney last Saturday for the "Poets & Pirates Tour". The following is my review.
First up was Gary Allan. I wasn't sure quite what to expect from Gary. But I really enjoyed him. Interestingly enough, I found him on famousmormons.net. But seeing him take a big ol' swig from a bottle of Jack Daniels during the concert makes me think he's not exactly visiting the local temples at each concert stop. The cool thing about Gary is that when he performs he looks at audience members right in the eye while he sings. It's quite unnerving at times, but I liked it. He's dark and a little scary...all of which I enjoy in a man.
Next up was Sammy Haggar. There's really not anything nice to say about him, so I won't say too much. He was vile and disgusting and sexist and just plain ol' nasty. The best part of Sammy's performance was seeing Jerry Flowers (Keith's bass player) on the side stage playing air guitar while Sammy was singing "55".
Now for the best part of the concert.......Keith Urban!
Keith was quite fabulous! Although I was very disappointed that his set was so short. He only sang 7 songs! What's up with that? Keith can fill up 3-4 hours on his own. So to only hear him for 45 minutes was highly disappointing. But while he was on stage he was great. He can engage a crowd like no one I've ever seen. Even Chad enjoyed it. He really was so fantastic. I didn't get to touch his guitar-string calloused hand like I did in SLC but he walked by right in front of us a few times and unfortunately my hands were shaking so bad that the pictures I took turned out horrible. Just the far away shots look decent enough to share. At one point he sat on the stage and played this amazing guitar solo....all these women were grabbing his pant legs and boots. I was very jealous. It all ended too soon.
Then it was Kenny's turn on stage. He was quite good. He's quite the performer. But I think that's just the thing that kind of annoyed me, he "performed". Keith is just himself on stage, which is what makes him so fabulous at what he does. Anyway, Kenny was quite good and he reached down to touch my hand as he walked by on the cat walk. That was pretty cool. This second picture of Kenny is a pretty sucky picture but it shows how close he got to the audience. He stood right above me quite a few times.
We stood there in the same spot by the stage for 9 hours! Believe me, my feet and back felt every second of that 9 hours. We really are too old to do that kind of thing. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but only for Keith next time. No more of these big stadium shows. There were over 40,000 people there and I think 39,998 of them were drunk. A big thanks go to Chad for not only buying the tickets, but not giving me a hard time about it and then standing there with me for 9 hours and then 1.5 hours of traffic trying to get home at midnight. You're the BEST.
7 comments:
I have been waiting for this report!! Wow! Sounds like quite a show!! Chad is an awesome sport. I'm not sure Kevin would do the same for me! Wish I could have gone!!!
Great post and pictures, Melis! It was worth it just to see Keith again I'm sure.
so when are you finally gonna leave Chad and run away forever with your TRUE hubby....KEITH? Before or after Nicole has the baby? Let me know cuz I am thinking of joining BRAD after Anjolina has the twins. I gotta let him at least see them be born, and then we can work on the family WE are gonna create.
Why are you laughing??
I am TOTALLY SERIOUS? I cannot keep Brad wainting forever or he just might want to stay with Anjolina longer than he actually wants to.......and I cannot do that to him!
Excellent post, Melissa, excellent!
Good photos, good persons and nice colors.
Happy weekend
Oh Meliss I am so glad you gave us your review it is one of a kind. you make me laugh so much. Great post!
Post a Comment