Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Conversations With a Three-Year Old

Yesterday Aidan and I head over to Cafe Rio for a little take out. This is how our conversation went:
Aidan: So these guys work here?
Mom: Yes, they work here, this is their job.
Aidan: But they don't sleep here right?
Mom: No, they have homes where they go home and sleep after they're done at work.
Aidan: Like Jennifer right? (Jennifer is Aidan's swim teacher) She doesn't sleep in the pool does she?
Mom: That's right, Jennifer goes home to sleep.
(thinking this conversation could go somewhere I proceeded with:)
Mom: So what's your job Aidan?
Aidan: I'm a pirate! It's my job to go "ARG" and "HI-YAH!" (he does the hi-yah with an attempted round-house kick)
Mom: Ohhhhh, that's a very important job. What is my job?
Aidan: You don't have a job, you do princess things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh- fair princess, Melissa and her brave pirate, Aidan-
Love your post!

Jodi and Co. said...

So cute!! Those are the moments that make being a Mom the best "job" in the world.:)

New Lewis Happenings said...

I told you he didn't need that "Time Out" chair...
He's an angel!!! I just love him! And, I think Tater Bug needs a shirt like Aidan has on in the picture. Where did you get it??? Don't tire yourself out doing your Princess things today!!

katie and co. said...

Princess things...loving that. Totally loving that he "gets it".