When we were in Seattle in August for Whitney's wedding, we went into downtown Seattle with Dana and Erin. This is some guy we saw across from the fish market. He had a great little (homemade out of pvc pipe) booth set up advertising his services as a "cat whisperer". Just a small monetary donation and he'll discuss your cat's behavior problems and tell you what the underlying psychological cause is. Very interesting fella. So anyways, this post is not about the cat whisperer at all (as interesting as he may be, to like...Amie, maybe). It is about brothers. But I couldn't find a picture of my brothers, so you got the cat whisperer instead. While in Seattle I spent time with Dana and Steve and a couple hours with Leon. Then this Thanksgiving Dana and Erin came down to visit us and we had Thanksgiving dinner together with Alan and Helga. We went to "Oregano's" (my favorite fun place to eat in Gilbert) with just the adults . It was so much fun!
Being the youngest by so much in my family, I don't really feel like I'm a part of the rest of the family....I don't really "fit" anywhere. And the only things I remember of my brothers are awful things like them throwing pennies at my head or chasing me up the basement stairs with a Satan mask on. So now that I'm an adult, spending time with my brothers is so fantastic. I can't believe that I've spent the past 36 years not knowing my brothers. With brothers there is no drama, there are no mind games, there is no ulterior motive, and best of all, there is no crying at any time. That is perfect for me because I only cry once a year and I cried in June so I'm not due for another 6 months.
So, that is my tribute to my brothers, they are funny and kind and fantastic, I love all 5 of you.
6 comments:
Good entry, I loved it, although I really need to get this cat whisperer's e-mail cause I got a couple questions for him.
Melissa, Thanks for the shout-out to "The Boys!" They really are a good bunch. - Erin
Okay, this is really sweet but it makes me even more homesick for the holidays with family. They are great. Just wait until they are all together in six months. Hopefully you will be crying again - from laughing.
Good post, MJ.
Melissa,
I take back all the bad things I had said to you. You'r not so bad after all. By the way, it was no mask.
Where's the update? I want to see a picture of the girls jammin with the guitar in their new Christmas PJ's!
Post a Comment