Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Will Work For Food


I'm having a really bad day. Let me tell you my very sad story....if you know me at all, you know I am very wordy when I tell a story so if you're already bored, stop now and go read Hadleyesque...she's wordy but she'd very entertaining. Let me preface this by saying that I lost my cell phone last Monday, this will come into play later in my story. So I go to the bank today to deposit Chad's payroll check so that I can pay bills out of our personal account. Well, I deposit the same amount of money in that account every dang month. So the girl disappears in the back of the bank somewhere for 5 minutes and comes back, gives me my receipt and says "this shows that your money will be available next Monday". Seriously, I've been a member of that credit union for over 9 years. I deposit the same amount of money every month, and they think they're going to hold on to my money for 5 days...I don't think so. So after I sorted that out with the cute "Afton" I told her I needed a new debit card because my debit card number was stolen last week and I've been getting shipments of Gevalia mail order coffee delivered to my house that I of course did not order. So I have to fill out an affidavit saying that there are 4 items on my statement that are fraudulent. Then I come home and figure out who makes automatic withdrawls on my debit card every month, then I have to change that number to my new number. Keep in mind I just had to do this same bull crap 2 months ago with one of my credit cards because someone stole that number too...(as well as two previous times in the past 5 years). So here I am, taking solace in my hamburger from In-n-Out, seriously, their sauce is to die for. Haley comes home from school and says she accidentally called my cell phone and it rang...well, every time I've called it to try to hunt it down it goes straight to voice mail because the battery is dead. So the fact that it is ringing is not good. So I go to the computer and pull up my account on T-Mobile (something that Chad has told me to do a bajillion times since I lost it last Monday but I'm an idiot and I think I have just misplaced it and it's somewhere in the house.) So there on the screen are dozens and dozens and dozens of phone calls made since I lost it. Any guesses as to where those calls were going to? Seriously, I live in Arizona, you don't need to think too hard...MEXICO!!!!!!!!! So I scramble to find the phone and call T-Mobile to have my phone shut off. They tell me I can file a police report but there's really nothing I can do and I'm responsible for all the charges. Well, they tell me that the charges to Mexico are $150+. So I've been calling all the phone numbers that are on my account that were here in Arizona and harassing all these Mexicans telling them they better give up their little friend and I want cash and my phone back. So far they are all playing dumb. Ok, ok, I'm getting to my point of this whole thing, I promise. I make the call of shame and call Chad at work and tell him that he was right and I should have checked my account last Monday. But I didn't and so now I'm responsible for $150+ in charges. Ok, here it comes!
He tells me that to pay for that I can't eat out for lunch for the next two weeks!!! Um, what..what the crap???? I have a lunch set up already for this Friday, what am I supposed to do about that? What am I supposed to do for lunch for the next two weeks? So I am taking donations, in the form of cash or free lunches. If you are here in Arizona, you can just take me and Aidan to lunch, if you are out of state you can just mail cash to my home address. That money will be used to either pay for lunch or to pay off Jose's phone bill.

13 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

Wow, this explains a lot. Like why you haven't responded to my texts or voice mail messages. All this time I'm thinking you're just pissed that we missed Chad's b-day...(LONG story--and maybe you really are mad...I'll have to explain in person). You have to come to lunch on Friday. I'll buy lunch for you. I won't even make you work...maybe you just won't get any baby time with Millie...hmmmmmm...I'm liking this idea!!

Melissa said...

No I'm not mad at all, don't be silly. I haven't been ignoring you at all. Jose has been reading your texts and I'm sure getting a big kick out of them. I will definitely be there on Friday with Aidan tagging along. If I can't get Chad to let up on my punishment then I'll just eat your scraps that fall on the floor.

ljdoelling said...

I would love to take you to lunch. Can you catch a flight out to see us. Maybe when the baby comes? Only a few weeks left and we will have a baby girl in the house. We would love to see you. Sorry about your phone. Tell me, can one really live without a cell phone once you are attached to it? What about texting? Can you really communicate in person or are you always reaching for the text buttons? Can one ever go back to face to face interactions?

Melissa said...

on one hand being without a cell phone is kind of nice....I am not irritated by my kids so much because they're not texting me all day asking me to do things for them. on the other hand it's a pain because I have to actually call people instead of texting. I think all communication should take place by texting and emailing!

Stewarts said...

Melissa-
I so miss you! I am so sorry to hear of your cell phone stealer! If you are ever out our way lunch is on me!
-Andrea

Anonymous said...

I think we need to call Sheriff Joe and Get these wetbacks sent back home to where they are calling too. :)

Melissa said...

Geez...and you guys call me opinionated!

katie and co. said...

I could hear "you" through that whole post. I'm so sorry it's been a little rough for you. The good news is that I probably owe you a dozen lunches so I am TOTALLY going to take you out. Better yet...wanna go to Vegas? I'll pay for everything. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I am from YUMA. What do you expect?

R Family said...

Wow...I am actually stressed out myself after reading your story. What a pain! Need a free lunch out? Costco samples...my kids love it! Ha ha....

Serendipity said...

Oh my...I HATE stuff like that! Hope it is all worked out soon...and you can return to your lunch date schedule!

Bullock's News said...

Melissa you crack me up. You tell a great tale. I don't think Chad could hold out on the no lunch thing....he couldn't take your pouting for 2 weeks or the attitue you'd give him!

k

Dana Goff said...

I'm so sorry. What a pain in the rear. Someone stole Dana's Am. Express # and tried to buy a vacuum. Little did they know Am. Express knows we would not be buying such an item and put a stop to it. I'm wondering how Am. Express can see in my house. - Erin