Friday, February 8, 2008

6 Quirky Things...

So my great friend Tina "tagged" me. I have to blog 6 quirky things about myself. This assigment made me quite nervous. First of all, I'm such a freak that I don't know if I can narrow it down to just 6. Second, I thought that maybe people would be so shocked that they would disown me. But then I realised that I'm such a big-mouth everyone probably already knows all this psycho stuff about me. You guys know how I tell stories, but I'll try to make this somewhat short. So here goes...

1. I am a "picker" and a "popper". I love to pick zits. I love picking at my face, my kids' faces, my husbands back....anything that looks like it has the potential to pop...I'm all over it. Let me tell you a gross story. Last week, I had a root canal, are we're talking a serious infection. The entire left side of my face was swollen, my whole upper lip was swollen so bad that Haley called me "Cindy Loo Whoo". So when the endodontist is finished with the root canal he says: "I didn't get any puss out of that thing so I think I should lance this tender pocket of swelling above your teeth." So he gets out a scalpel and cuts it open and I hear all this "shloop shloop" noice from the sucker thing that his assistant is holding. I see the look on her face and know they are getting some prime stuff, for she is a fellow picker/popper. I told the endodontist he needed to get hand held mirrors for each of the rooms so that the patient can hold the mirror up and watch as they suck up the puss. He just looked at me like I was a freak and left the room! The assistant said it was fabulous and that they got at least 1/2 a teaspoon out of me. It was awesome, I just wish I could have seen it. (So PROPS to Dr. Kerr and his office, they were awesome, and thanks to them my kids can't call me Cindy Loo anymore.) I also carry a 8x magnification mirror and tweezers in the car with me (in the car you get the best natural picking lighting) . I've also been known to sit on one of my kids to hold them still so that I can pick one of their zits.

2. I am incapable of pronouncing the word "rural". It comes out as "rule" no matter how hard I practice. Unfortunately, one of the major roads here in AZ is Rural Road....so whenever we're on the freeway and we pass that exit Chad always says: "Hey what's this exit?" Just so that he can laugh at me when I attempt it one more time. I evidently say the word "root" wrong also....as in "root beer" I pronounce it more like "ruut beer". My sweet friends say its my Idahoan-ness coming out in me.

3. I have "favorite" machines at the gym. This "quirk" used to be much worse than it is now though. Back in the day, if I would walk into the gym and someone was on "MY" machine I would turn around and go home. But that was back when I would find any excuse to not work out. I won't leave they gym now, but I always use the treadmill, eliptical, stair master, or arc trainer, that is third to the end.

4. I have a love of reality shows on TV that have anything to do with crime, law enforcement, the legal system, etc. I fall asleep every night to something crazy like: To Catch a Predator, Forensic Files, Murder by the Book, Body of Evidence, Cops, Lockup, MSNBC Undercover, 48 Hours Investigates, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Cold Case Files, Arrest & Trial, The First 48, Serial Killer Documentaries, the list goes on and on. I love all of it...especially my all time favorite show: Judge Judy (every weekday from 4 to 5 on Fox10)

5. I have what Chad considers to be an "unhealthy obsession" with Keith Urban. For those of you that don't know who he is, you are truly missing out. Technically he's a country singer, but in concert he totally rocks out...he's amazing! Chad got me tickets last year to his Phoenix concert in June. Then for my birthday I told Chad that all I wanted was to go to another KU concert so he bought us tickets to the SLC show in September. We flew up there for a quick trip and had the best time. I planned on going to his concert in Anaheim next month but Chad said no. So we are going to go to the one here in Phoenix in May. I am a member of his fan club, I buy every magazine he is in, and I get multiple daily "Google Alerts" to my email every time there is a story with his name in it that shows up in any news agency in the world. Also, every Sunday I wear one of my Keith Urban t-shirts after church....Sunday is KU day. All of my phone ringers on my cell phone are KU songs, Aidan knows the words to half a dozen KU songs. When we were last at "Texas Roadhouse" a little known KU song titled "Clutterbilly" came on and Aidan yelled: "it's Keif!" I was so proud! Chad was annoyed.

6. Chad says that my last quirk is that I actually wrote out this drawn out entry on my top 6 quirks.

So, Cathy, TAG! You're IT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I thought you would have added that you have a set of playing cards with serial killers on them.
Love ya,
Annette
PS, I just got into this blogging thing. Check out my site at http://mightymooremonkeys.blogspot.com/

New Lewis Happenings said...

You know this is why I love ya!! The quirkier the better...that's what I think! And, for the record, there's nothing wrong with loving "KU". I love "JG" in the same way, and I don't think it's unhealthy at all!!!

Cathy said...

okay, i just laughed my BALLS OFF! i know exactly why i love you so much.......we are so much alike!! that was soooo funny! i cannot stop laughing! how come my name is not under your favorite blogs to visit? my feelings are so hurt. i think our friendship is on the line now! am i the one you tagged cuz you have NEVER left me a post on ANY part of my blog!! dont you just stalk my blog woman, you better post on each and every single one just like i have on yours!!! dont make me drive halfway across arizona and harm you!! i will........