Friday, July 25, 2008

It's PayDay Baby!

So in June my dreams came true (other than Chad and the kids) and I was selected from a panel of over 60 citizens to be on a jury. They knew quality when they saw it. The prosecuting and defense attorneys both looked at me and thought: "Now there's a woman with 10 years experience watching Judge Judy and Court TV, who has nothing better to do than serve her country by being on a jury." 
Now to most people serving on a jury is just a big fat pain in the "A". But this has always been my dream. So when they told us it was a murder trial....I just thought I had died and gone to heaven....my birthday came early this year!!! I loved every minute of it, except for the guy who sat next to me smelled like...well, Chad says I should watch my language on here so I won't say what he smells like but I will say that it rhymes with bass. So other than smelly pants man, it was fabulous. Then I find out that we get paid to do it...do they not know that I would do this full-time for free? Anyway, who am I to say no to $200?

Oh by the way....we found the guy guilty of second degree murder!

6 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

Look how cute you are!! Judge Judy would be so proud!!

Serendipity said...

Great post!

Nancy said...

I'm so jealous, Melissa! I've always wanted to be a juror for a murder trial! I'm wondering if you were addicted to the OJ trial back in the 90's? My friend and I were and when we went on a trip to Cali one summer we made our families drive all over LA to find OJ's house and the condo where Nicole was murdered! That's kind of creepy, huh? Anyway, I love your blog. I hope it's okay that I stalk it!

Love Haze said...

Ok, Melissa you make Me Laugh so hard! I just love the way you express yourself! you rock!

katie and co. said...

Killing me! I've missed you SO much, girl! Can't wait to hear what you've already spent with your $200.

Nikkel said...

You are too funny! I'm glad that you were excited to participate!!